Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's a Baby Wife and the Daddy Passed Out

Well at 11:00am EST yesterday Chris was given what we have been praying and hoping for over the last several months and that was her cord blood transplant. The procedure was very uneventful. It was a little bag of blood that was given to her intravenously. Chris slept most of the 15 minute procedure. We hugged and kissed and was told that now it is mostly a waiting game to see if her body accepts the new cells.

45 minutes after she had the procedure I was surfing the net when I began to feel light headed and my vision became blurry. I passes out for a few minutes and was taken downstairs to the ER where to my "Surprise" I was told I was suffering from exhaustion and was told to rest. I think that when the focus of your life becomes something like me getting Chris to this transplant and actually watching it I had a melting point and I hit it.

Today Chris is resting much better and that's great. Later this week I will start posting her counts and we can all rejoice when they start to go from 0 to 0.1 and higher.

till the end,
jc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home