Wednesday, January 31, 2007

update and thoughts for 1.31.07


As Chris is hanging around our house, it makes me wonder if she is thinking about the people that are basically waiting for her to die or to get better. Not to sound morbid, but in reality her family and friends that are visiting are waiting for one or the other to happen before they head back. That has had to enter her thoughts.

I look at all the cards that we have received and listened to a lot of people who has been touched by Chris and it makes me weep, in the rejoicing for the souls that have been touched and then in knowing that the reason for all of this is that my bride is going through a lot of pain, physically, but more so mentally and psychologically. Listening to Haven say how mad she was last night and how it was all so "stupid" (a word we usually don't let her use, but found it fitting for this occasion) and how she would still be happy if a miracle happened.

Chris' fever hit 106 last night and it has basically stayed between 101.7 and 103.4 for the last couple of days. Although her fever has hit these spikes her ability to stay coherant is still there and she interacts with the girls, family and friends quite a bit. She is still a fighter. We have nurses staying around the clock starting today. If you'd like to visit Chris just give me a call on my cell phone at 483.5728 and I can let you know if it is a good moment to visit. To those that have called and I have yet to return a call, please forgive me as the last couple of days I have worked to get caught up on other matters.

Yesterday Michael Powers and I visited a funeral home so I can get some of those decisions off of my mind. It wasn't a visit I anticipated having in my early 30s, 8 years ago when Chris and I said our vows. But through all of this, I know God is good and I know all of the other religious responses that fits this occasion. I just wished sometimes God would let me peak at the cover of the puzzle box as he puts the pieces together of our lives.

love and blessings,
jc

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Traci West said...

JC and Chris,

You are often in our thoughts and prayers. We find it hard to grasp how difficult this must be for each of you in different ways. Our kids have prayed and cried for your kids. We all have cried for you as a couple and family. We've heard of the outpouring of love around you. Know that while we are not near physically, we are near spiritually. If we can be there for you any at all, please don't hesitate to ask. Our hearts are with you!
Love,
Anthony, Traci, Madison & David West

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Tina said...

JC, Chris, and family,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can only imagine the emotions your family is having to deal with at this time. I have cried and prayed for your family and continue to do so. You all have helped me to cherish the little things in life, and to not complain so much about the unplesant times. If your family needs anything don't hesistate to ask.
Tina Hunter and family

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Kim Mitchell said...

JC, Chris, Haven and Saleh,
I am praying for each of you daily! I know God is holding you in His arms each step of the way!
Chris, I am praying for Healing. I pray you are able to share your story in your songs, book and your example. I know God has a plan and it is a Great plan because it is His!!! KEEP BELIEVING and Stay Strong!! You are such an inspiration to me, my family, and my friends!! You have no idea the people you have touched and I praise God for that!! I Love You!!
JC, Hang in there! I am praying for God to give you Strength and comfort. If you need anything don't hesitate to call at anytime!!!
Love,
Kim

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger The Hardens said...

JC and Chris,
Our lives our deeply saddened by the circumstances that your beautiful family are facing. We struggle along with you and for you about the mysteries of our God in the "Why's" of this world. We are thankful for the time our lives intersected in a place of worship and grace. Chris, we pray peace for you in your pain, and the sweetest of memories for you in these days of greiving. JC we pray strength and mercy for you and a calming of anxiety and fears. We do not know how to completely fathom the level of hurt you must be feeling but we do trust in the Lord who does and we are holding on to hope for you. We continue to lift you up in our prayers and do keep you in our thoughts as we cherish our own time with our own families. You are great testimony for all, that life is so fragile, and we must seek to find the joy in everyday.
We love you...
Shane, Kate, Gabriel, Isaac, Eden Harden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home