Thursday, February 01, 2007

2.1.07



chris' fever has dropped to the lowest of the week. just a few minutes ago it was 99.6. the nurses want her to have a cbc (blood test) tomorrow because not to give false hope, but she is improving a little each day. tonight we have decided to let her and her father spend a couple of hours where it is just the two of them in the house with the nurse. that way they don't have to be confined to the bedroom or somewhere else. so if you come by and a little nurse tells you what is going on, please don't get your feelings hurt. she needs this time and her father needs this time.

thanks for all the food and prayers, something specific that can be prayed for today is haven and her adjustment to this situation. many of you know that she is very gentle and lately her attitude has been mad, mad and mad. i know this is part of the process and according to a neighbor who is a child counselor it is to be expected, but she still has to know boundaries. so you can pray that haven Chris and i can have talks about this in a beautiful way.

thanks again and i will try to let you know how she is later on this day.

jc

5 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Melymoo said...

I know that I don't know either of you very well, basically just in passing. I have followed Chris' struggle from the beginning. As a mother I don't know if I could be as strong and couragous as Chris. I admire you both for your strength. I pray for Chris and you and the girls often. If any of you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know. I will also pray for Haven and her understanding and peace with this situation.

Melanie Edwards

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Ducklings said...

Hey all -

Just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers...who needs Sonic??? :) Keep smiling, and let me know when I need to bring a route 44 and a slush or milkshake...Love ya lots..

Alana & kids

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Kim Powers said...

Dear precious friends,

I struggle with wanting to call you or come by. I know that you have had a house full and the phone rings off the wall. I wish for you to have peace, quite and time to spend alone. Time to talk, reflect, dream....

Know that I wake up thinking about you....go to bed thinking about you...pray for you though out the day.

Ran into your girls tonight at Hollywood's. Sent kisses,

Kim Powers

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My four year old, Catherine was drawing a picture yesterday and announced, "This is for Ms. Chris." Haley(2) Chimed in, "Mine is for Ms. Chris too!" I hadn't even suggested it. It's amazing how God speaks to children and teaches them how to pray. We pray for you throughout the day and rejoice with every piece of good news. P.S. I need to get you those pictures. I'll call and see if I can bring them by.
Love, JP Murie

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Brandee said...

JC and Chris, Standing up in front of a crowd like Sunday at church is very hard for me and often I let fear keep me from doing what I feel God is leading me to when it comes to those things. So instead of letting one more day pass I want you two to know how awesome I think you are and how my son Will (he is 3) and I pray for you every night as we go to sleep. He says "please heal Ms. Chris" and it is the sweetest thing :) I know I don't you very well, but I have been praying for you and following your story even before coming to Grace Park and MOPS. The first time I walked into the Farmers Bank and saw your picture Chris with your girls on a collection jar for your treaments, I have been praying for your recovery and healing. I pray that I will be able to get to know you better and I still want you to sit at my table at MOPS again next year :) Prayers for Haven and all she is going through right now. God bless you guys.

Love, Brandee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home