Monday, February 19, 2007

Chris' Fingerprints




I want to take this time to thank everyone who have been along for this journey my family has been on the last 17 months. The journey is not over, we have just made a turn. Haven, Selah and I are anticipating what Christ has in store for our family. I have a couple of requests though.

There will be times throughout the next several years where I might call on some of you to take Haven and Selah and just spend a couple of hours with them telling them stories of their mom from your perspective. I think this would be a good exercise for them and also it helps with Chris' request that her memory will not fade from the girls.

Also if you have been touched in some way by this journey by Chris, I would love to hear them more in detail. Many of you know I am putting together a book of these stories for the firls (Chris' Fingerprints). You can email these stories to me at jcoden@hearthevoice.com. I would rather you email them so you can feel free to write as much as you want. All I ask is that you include your first name and the city in which you live.

For those that are still praying I ask that you pray for wisdom and discernment over the next couple of months as I feel the prodding of God in heading me in certain directions.

I will keep this blog going every week to keep people informed of when the book will be completed, where our family is in dealing with this loss and for those who got to attend the beautiful memorial service, many of you have asked for copies of that and I will have those soon.

jc

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

I am a friend of Trisha's and am so sorry for your loss. I wanted to share with you a website http://www.kristinascalling.com/
Our friend Kristina was a young mother like Chris and I though you might find some comfort from reading her site as well. God bless you and the girls.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

JC, I am sorry for your loss. I was in MOPS with Chris. Although I did not know her (I spoke in passing at meetings), I know that she did touch many lives. I know that the future will be tough for you with two girls, but you have a huge network of moms that will help anytime you need them/us. You are such a strong man. I respect you for everything you have done in the past and future. I know Chris is extremely proud of her husband. I will continue to pray for you and the girls.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger babslb said...

I am so sorry for your families loss. As I read your blog I have to pray "Lord come quickly". This is the only thing that will remove all pain suffering and death. You families story is so sad and so encouraging at the same time. I pray that Jesus will sustain you and you amd your girls cups will overfloweth with peace.
Blessings
Stefanie
Nashville

 

Post a Comment

<< Home